Leading a team remotely brings new challenges:
It was hard enough when we were all together. Inspiring your team to reach their potential when they are all working from home is a whole new ball game. How are we going to support them, motivate them and ensure they deliver results? Do you really know your team? How are you going to get the best out of them? Managing them with a checklist is a lot easier so it may be time to look at this afresh.
Many organisations had already started on the flexible working / agile model with hot-desking and flexible hours but we have all been catapulted into working from home at top speed. Covid-19 will bring change to how we work in the future. Many companies will need to cut overheads: office rentals and travel and entertainment budgets. So we may find we are WFH (working from home) a lot more.
How do we do this successfully?
The effectiveness of your Leaders will be crucial to the organisation’s success. They need to:
- Support & motivate the team
- Establish a high level of engagement by building trust & transparency
- Set clear and achievable objectives
- Manage performance tightly and positively with evidence based discussions
- Communicate consistently with regular, effective meetings and one to ones
- Instructor led, online training for 10 – 15 participants
- 2 or 3 hour session tailored to your needs
- Individual coaching option afterwards